Why it’s time to get over your fear of blogging, and start!
Are you blogging yet, or do you prefer to find reasons not to blog?
I’ve heard it all before. In fact, I’ve made many excuses myself! But, if you can commit to regular blogging it can completely turn your business around.
There are a few reasons commonly cited for NOT blogging including:
Not enough time to blog
We lead very business lives, and it’s true blogging takes time. I want to let you know that it’s worth it if you want to grow your business. I’ll go into those reasons in a moment. I promise it will be time well spent!
Lack of technical skill
It may be the technical part of blogging such as how to put it on your website, or it could be writing skills. Either way, there is help within your reach. It’s teachable, and you’re coachable!
Don’t know what to write or how to write it
Not knowing what to write is only a challenge at first. Once you tap into your ideas (your head and heart is filled with them, I promise), there will be no stopping them! Start with your clients most commonly asked questions, or frequently experienced problems, and offer answers and solutions.
A self-sabotaging mindset
Perhaps you can’t see the value, are limiting yourself, or feel people aren’t interested in what you have to say. Do you want to help people, but are shying away from being visible? I want you to know that people (the right people) are interested in what you have to say and how you help. If you find you are putting yourself down, or focusing on why you can’t do something, you may need to work on our mindset first, as you can’t build a business or help people when you mind is sabotaging your success.
“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal” E Joesph Cossman
Blogging is one of the most accessible and powerful tools to you can use to build your health business.
Your efforts will never be wasted. Once created your content can be used in multiple ways.
- Content for your newsletter
- As a series of Facebook posts
- Presented visually as an infographic
- Material for a presentation
- As a guest post for someone else, so you can reach new people
In fact, it’s the most cost effective way to:
- Boost your SEO to be found by the search engines
- Highlight your expertise and showcase your talents
- Reach your audience without selling
- Lead customers to your products, services, events and workshops
Do you get the picture? Can you see the value that penning a blog article could create for you?
So what can you do to get started?
- Make time, and then keep it simple
- Get technical help if you need it to make it happen
- Ask others for their ideas
- Get others to contribute or write it for you
- Stay inspired by remaining connected with why you are doing the work you do, and surrounding yourself with passionate people with a common interest.
Krishna is passionate about helping health businesses to embrace blogging and all it can do for your business, in fact she has been teaching article writing for almost 10 years! She would love to help you too!Blogging Workshop for Health and Wellness Practitioners